I am a huge fan of Rafferty’s Fried Mushrooms recipe that you can find in restaurants. The only problem is that people have never been able to get the secret recipe to work. So, I decided to write this recipe to help other people who are having problems.
If you want to learn how to make Rafferty’s Fried Mushrooms, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we will walk through the process of making Rafferty’s Fried Mushrooms. We will also provide all the information you need to start making Rafferty’s Fried Mushrooms at home. I have included the original recipe and a step-by-step guide to making it successful.
The Specialty of Rafferty’s Fried Mushrooms Recipe
Rafferty’s is the best place to have delicious fried mushrooms. In addition to the mushroom, Rafferty’s also has a special recipe for the horseradish sauce and the chopped chives. I recommend this recipe to you because it’s fun and tasty. When you taste the mushrooms, you will feel like you are having a bite of heaven.
When you mix the horseradish sauce and chopped chives with the mushrooms, you’ll think you are having a feast. This dish is the perfect thing to serve at your next party. So, what are you waiting for? Get started on preparing the recipe for Rafferty’s Fried Mushrooms right away.
For the batter and mushrooms:
- Fresh and washed 1 pound button mushrooms / 1 packet 16 oz button mushrooms
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (parchment or Italian breadcrumbs preferred)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Salt according to taste
- Buttermilk / 500mL milk and 50mL acetic acid mixture
- 100 mL beer
- Soybean oil/sunflower oil/vegetable oil
- 1 cup of regular flour
- Seasoning salt according to taste (optional)
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For horseradish sauce:
- 1 cup horseradish, prepared
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoons dry Mustard
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped Chives
- Worcestershire Sauce
- ¾ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
Step 1: Prepare the Mushrooms
- Take the mentioned amount of mushrooms and wash them well with a mushroom brush. After washing it, use a paper towel to swipe it and let it dry well.
Step 2: Make the batter
- To get the taste like Rafferty's, I recommend preparing beer batter. Also, you can avoid using beer. First, crack an egg in a large mixing bowl and beat it well with a beater.
- Add the mentioned amounts of pepper, seasoning salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground mustard into it and mix it well.
- After mixing it, add the mentioned amounts of all-purpose flour, baking powder, and cornstarch and mix them all with a beater.
- And finally, add one cup of beer to the mixture. Mix it well and keep it in a dry place for five minutes. Now, your beer batter is prepared.
Step 3: Fry in a Deep Fryer
- I recommend using a deep fryer for this part, as it is easy to use and works well.
- Before frying, dip the mushrooms into the batter and ensure that the batter is spread all over its surface well.
- Remove the mushrooms from the thick batter mixture and put them into the breadcrumbs. Again, ensure that the breadcrumbs cover all of their surfaces.
- Do the same for all the mushrooms. And your mushrooms are ready to fry!
- Plug in your deep fryer and turn the switch on. Pour oil into the deep fryer base and set the temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, or 190 degrees Celsius. Cover the pan with the lid and let the oil heat properly.
- In the deep fryer basket, place all your mushrooms. Then, place the basket into the deep fryer and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove the basket from the deep fryer, and your crispy deep-fried mushroom is ready! Now, let’s switch to the preparation of horseradish sauce.
Step 4: Horseradish sauce Preparation
- In a mixing bowl, take the mentioned amount of prepared horseradish.
- Then, add 1 cup each of low-fat sour cream and Worcestershire sauce to it.
- Add low-fat mayonnaise, ground pepper, dry mustard, apple cider vinegar, and chives. Mix all the ingredients well. Your horseradish sauce is now prepared.
Step 5: Dressing
- Maybe this part is unimportant to many of you, but the dressing makes sense. It is the finishing hit for a well-prepared dish. Enjoy your Rafferty's deep-fried mushrooms, horseradish sauce, and chopped chives with family and friends.